Sunday, October 6, 2024

Re: New install of GNU Radio executes old version

Chris,

I have tried what you suggested but I am still having issues. I suspect that
I am misunderstanding something.

1. I removed 3.9.4
2. I performed an export of LD-LIBRARY_PATH as you specified
3. I performed an export of PYTHONPATH with xx = .9.2
4. I performed
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release --DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/python3
../
5. sudo make install

Everything seemed to execute with no errors.

I still find gnuradio-companion only in the /gnuradio/grc/scripts directory.

When I execute it from the command line, a box pops up stating "Cannot
import gnuradio" and asking if PYTHONPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH are set
correctly.

What is wrong now?

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Gorman
Sent: Saturday, October 5, 2024 11:27 AM
To: Volker Schroer
Cc: discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org
Subject: Re: New install of GNU Radio executes old version

Hi Jim and Volker,

I just tried what Jim is doing on my x86 system and got the same
result. Trying to run from the source tree runs the installed
gnuradio (in my case 3.10.11). My recommendations to Jim is to

1) `apt remove gnuradio` to remove gnuradio 3.9.4
2) install the gnuradio from his source tree
`cd gnuradio/build/`
`sudo make install`
3) then run gnuradio-companion from the command line.

(Commands to run are in between ``).

Some caveats from my installation experience unless
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr was set during the cmake configure, you
will have to set both a LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PYTHONPATH to point to the
directories in the install prefix.

eg. with no -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX set, /usr/local becomes the default
install prefix
so Jim will need to export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib and export
PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python3.xx/site-pacakges, where xx is the
version of python on the system.

Hope this helps,

Good luck.

Chris

On Sat, Oct 5, 2024 at 6:45 AM Volker Schroer <dl1ksv@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Jim!
> How did you install gnuradio 3.10.11 ? If you had 3.10.11 installed, you
> did not had to run it from the source directory. So you did not install
> 3.10.11. I suspect you downloaded the source code from somewhere, but
> missed to build and install it.
>
> How did you get 3.9.4 ?
>
> I recommend to read the gnuradio installation docs.
>
> https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php?title=InstallingGR
>
> -- Volker
>
>
>


--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
www.avg.com

No comments:

Post a Comment