Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Re: New install of GNU Radio executes old version

I am running Bullseye on the RPi. I believe that is the latest. Not sure of
a date.

I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to about the package source
list. All I can say is I followed the procedure InstallingGRFromSource on
Raspberry Pi.

I have some new info for Chris that I will post shortly.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Volker Schroer
Sent: Wednesday, October 9, 2024 10:50 AM
To: discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org
Subject: Re: New install of GNU Radio executes old version

Are you sure that you updated your package source list ?
Seems to may that you have an older version.
Which version of the Raspberry Pi do you use ?
Your system should be ≥2021-10-30.

-- Volker
> Chris, et al,
>
> First, I tried an sudo apt-get install gnuradio again. This time, of
> course, there is no gnuradio installed since 3.9.4 was removed. It
> installed 3.8.2???? instead of 3.10.5 that I expected from Volker's link.
>
> So I decided to send you the log file. I noticed something meanwhile
> that I hadn't seen before. The cmake line from the original doc I used
> for the instructions has " -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE ......" instead of " --
> DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE ....." that you used in one of your notes to me. Can
> this make a difference?
>
> I used the "--" in my cmake and the result was that the enabled
> components are complete now except for gr-uhd and gr-uhd UHD 4.0 RFNoC.
> Since I don't really use uhd I went ahead and started the install.
>
> The install has been running for several hours now so I assume that it
> will work.
>
> Can the missing "-" have been the only problem or did something get
> "fixed" by installing 3.8.2. BTW I immediately removed 3.8.2.
>
> Jim
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Chris Gorman
> Sent: Tuesday, October 8, 2024 8:08 AM
> To: Volker Schroer
> Cc: discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: New install of GNU Radio executes old version
>
> Hi Jim,
>
> Your call on what to do about this. If it were me, I'd probably try
> what Volker is suggesting and use the prebuilt binary. That said, if
> you want to try to get gnuradio built on your pi, I'll try to help.
> Unfortunately, I'm kind of confused about your results. You should
> have more than just python-support and libad9361 if all the
> dependencies were installed.
>
> If you want to continue. Run the following and attach the build.log
> file produced to your next email. (It's the build command followed by
> stdio and stderr redirection to a file.)
>
> cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
> --DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/python3 ../ > build.log 2>&1
>
> I'll take a look at the results and compare to what I'm getting on my
> x86 machine.
>
> All the best,
>
> Chris
>
> On Tue, Oct 8, 2024 at 5:20 AM Volker Schroer <dl1ksv@gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>> https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php?title=InstallingGR
>> says:
>> For Raspberry Pi OS64-bit ≥2021-10-30 the actual version of gnuradio is
>> v3.10.5.1.
>>
>> Why can't you use this?
>> > Chris,
>> >
>> > I did what you suggested.
>> >
>> > I then ran cmake as before. The result was the same except that the
>> > following were added to the gnuradio enabled components:
>> >
>> > python-support
>> > libad9361
>> >
>> > I'm considering giving up on this. I'm consuming a lot of your time and
>> > this is a personal project only. I really appreciate the effort you
>> have
>> > put into this.
>> >
>> > I wanted to upgrade in order to add a component to my project that
>> > requires 3.10.
>> >
>> > I wouldn't be upset if you want to pull the plug on this.
>> >
>> > Jim
>> >
>> > -----Original Message----- From: Chris Gorman
>> > Sent: Monday, October 7, 2024 9:22 AM
>> > To: Barry Jackson
>> > Cc: discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org
>> > Subject: Re: New install of GNU Radio executes old version
>> >
>> > Hello Jim,
>> >
>> > As Barry said you're missing lots of devel packages. I assume based
>> > on your python version that you're using Raspbian Bullseye as your OS.
>> > If that's the case, there is a list of packages that you'll need to
>> > install to build gnuradio. I would try the list of packages
>> > recommended on https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php?title=UbuntuInstall
>> > .
>> >
>> > Basically,
>> >
>> > sudo apt install git cmake g++ libboost-all-dev libgmp-dev python3-
>> numpy > \
>> > python3-mako python3-sphinx python3-lxml doxygen libfftw3-dev \
>> > libsdl1.2-dev libgsl-dev libqwt-qt5-dev libqt5opengl5-dev python3-
>> pyqt5 > \
>> > liblog4cpp5-dev libzmq3-dev python3-yaml python3-click python3-click-
>> > plugins \
>> > python3-zmq python3-scipy python3-gi python3-gi-cairo gir1.2-gtk-3.0 \
>> > libcodec2-dev libgsm1-dev libusb-1.0-0 libusb-1.0-0-dev libudev-dev
>> > python3-setuptools
>> >
>> > sudo apt install pybind11-dev python3-matplotlib libsndfile1-dev \
>> > libsoapysdr-dev soapysdr-tools python3-pygccxml python3-pyqtgraph
>> >
>> > and
>> >
>> > sudo apt install libiio-dev libad9361-dev libspdlog-dev
>> > python3-packaging python3-jsonschema python3-qtpy
>> >
>> > Once you get those installed, you'll need to rebuild gnuradio. You're
>> > looking for a list of gnuradio enabled components after running cmake
>> > similar to the one I sent you.
>> >
>> > Hope this helps.
>> >
>> > Chris
>> >
>> > On Mon, Oct 7, 2024 at 4:21 AM Barry Jackson <zen25000@zen.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>> >>
>> >> On 07/10/2024 01:11, Elmore Family wrote:
>> >> > Chris,
>> >> >
>> >> > Here is what I have after cmake:
>> >> >
>> >> > -- ######################################################
>> >> > -- # Gnuradio enabled components
>> >> > -- ######################################################
>> >> > -- * testing-support
>> >> > -- * post-install
>> >> > -- * doxygen
>> >> > -- * man-pages
>> >>
>> >> You are missing lots of -devel packages for all those disabled missing
>> >> components.
>> >>
>> >> As a guide look at the BuildRequires in our (Mageia) gnuradio.spec
>> they
>> >> start at line 75:
>> >>
>> >> http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/gnuradio/current/SPECS/
>> >> gnuradio.spec?revision=2102453&view=markup
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
>



--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
www.avg.com

No comments:

Post a Comment