Thursday, August 8, 2024

Re: Synchronising CSI readings from 2 receivers.

Hi Sourya,

that is a different thing than you asked about originally :)

But in this case, this is "just" a matter of phase synchronizing different USRPs. See
http://kb.ettus.com (and the Application notes there) on how, and for which specific USRP
types, that can be achieved. All the things described there translate to GNU Radio.

Best,
Marcus

On 08.08.24 18:47, Sourya Saha wrote:
> Hi Marcus,
> By synchronized, I mean synchronization in phase and clock. I am not worrying about the
> CSI estimate because I can get that through the gr-ieee802-11 module itself. I am worried
> about phase and clock synchronizing 2 different USRPs in GNURadio. I do know that an
> octoclock can be used. But is there any other way to do it without any external hardware?
>
> On Thu, Aug 8, 2024 at 12:44 PM Marcus Müller <mmueller@gnuradio.org
> <mailto:mmueller@gnuradio.org>> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> can you elaborate what you mean with "synchronized"? A CSI estimate can only happen when
> the necessary pilots have been observed, and that will, due to finite speed of light,
> necessarily happen at different times at different receivers.
>
> Best,
> Marcus
>
> On 08.08.24 18:19, Sourya Saha wrote:
> > Hi.
> > I am working on an application which utilises the gr-ieee802-11 module. I need to
> collect
> > readings from 2 receivers. However, I want them synchronised. What would be the
> best way
> > to do that in GNURadio?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment