Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Re: Assistance with GNU Radio flowgraph troubleshooting

Try this tutorial first, https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php?title=Bandlimited_threshold_detector  . You can build from it with your detection logic. It's a GUI-based application, but the GUI is merely for visualization and GUI blocks are  not required in GNURadio. You can "remote control" a no-gui (headless) flowgraph on a separate computer as shown here https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php?title=Understanding_XMLRPC_Blocks


<end transmission>

On Jul 30, 2024, at 05:04, PACSys R&D <kevashneepacsys@gmail.com> wrote:


Good Day Sir/Ma'am

I am reaching out to hopefully receive some assistance with my flowgraph. I am trying to detect signal transmissions (Frequency: 148.034 MHz) from very far ranges with my HackRF One and Raspberry pi 4.
I have had success with my flowgraph but now it has been detecting a lot of noise and saving the noise as a signal transmission. This is leading to the collection of unreliable data. I am hoping to implement some sort of dynamic threshold or at least make sure that no noise is detected as a true signal. I tried to implement a frequency xlating filter and moving average and it did help but there is still some noise getting in. I am not sure if my parameters are set correctly or if my flowgraph needs to look different.
To specify:
- The SDR will be moving around into changing noise environments all in one test.
- The SDR and Pi will be in a headless setup, therefore I can't access the flowgraph and adjust thresholds or gains.
- The signal source is transmitting every 3 seconds or so and it has a bandwidth of 4 kHz (148.032 to 148.036 MHz).
- The end goal is to completely eliminate noise from being detected by the SDR, and only detect transmissions from the true signal source.

My custom block (signal strength detector): includes the threshold, cooldown time, and code to save the signal strength to a file only when it has received a value above the threshold. Please let me know if you need a copy of the flowgraph.
<image.png>


Thank you.
Kind Regards

No comments:

Post a Comment