Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Debugging Existing C++ Blocks with VS Code & GDB

Hello,

I've walked through tutorials and successfully set breakpoints and debugged OOT modules in Gnu Radio using the DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug option. However, I'm trying to debug local changes I've made to existing gnuradio/dtv/ files and not having success.

I've followed the steps in a similar question/email chain here: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2021-08/msg00008.html (I wasn't sure if replying to this old chain with a question or referencing it was better, let me know if there is a preference for future scenerios).

I also tried recompiling all of the gnu radio source code on my machine with the  DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug option and still can not get VScode to stop on my set breakpoint within the dtv/dvbt_demod_reference_signals_impl.cc file. The flowchart runs, and completes but when I hover over the break point it just says "Module containing this breakpoint has not yet loaded or the address could not be obtained".

Any suggestions? I don't like the option of copying this into an OOT module just to debug. I'm not sure I understand the difference either.

Thanks,

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment