Sunday, March 24, 2024

set_tag_propagation_policy(gr.TPP_DONT) stops block from working?

When I set TPP_DONT in a sync block (python block), I am not able to get the signal downstream in the next block (output_items is indeed getting the data from input_items proved with a simple print, but I don't get them in the next block a time sink).

All the information I've found about TPP_DONT says it just stops tags from being propagated, so If I just make a python block that copies the input to the output (sync block) it should do it without the tags.
I know this is the same as "Tag Gate" block but I am just doing the first steps to get into the things I want to do: (change key and value of tags, transmitting tags only from one port or only to one port)

I am wondering if my setup is wrong and I need to use the general_work and the basic block even if I want a sync transmission just because of TPP_DONT.
I am kind of new in gnuradio and I only use the flow graph and the python blocks, going into C++ code is a bit more confusing for me right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment