Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Potential GSOC contributor introduction : "GRC: Standalone application and pluggable workflows"

Hello,
My name is Pradyumna and I just came across the GNURadio ideas list for GSOC. Since past few months, I've been using Gnuradio and was really impressed by the UI of GRC and was wondering if I could port it to create some generic flowgraph creation softwares that can run blocks of code with configurable parameters.

I was very elated to find the topic "GRC: Standalone application and pluggable workflows" as it's exactly what I was planning to do myself! My larger plan was to port GRC to create a "Procedure creation tool" for automation of spacecraft operations. For example : A flowgraph that sends a heater ON command, then checks for thermistor temperatures and when above a certain value, sends a heater OFF command and so on...

I'd really love to work on this topic but I do realise that I'm starting very late, I was wondering if that's okay ? I plan to utilize the next few days to understand the project idea a bit more given the information on the ideas page and putting together a proposal for feedback quickly.

I also came across this gist : https://gist.github.com/haru-02/369d1e15feb3b82247eb3fece75754c4 , looks like someone has already worked on this idea partially in previous GSOC year. I would really appreciate some context on what can be reused from that project and what needs to be improved.

Thanks alot for your time,
Regards
Pradyumna

No comments:

Post a Comment