Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Raw Samples from Receiver

On 30-11-2011 9:19 AM, Suleja, Lukasz wrote:

Hi,

 

I would like to view / manipulate the raw samples from the FPGA.

 

From what I see, in the UHD code each 32-bit word (item) is split to form a complex float and a scaling factor is used.

 

Is there a way of transferring the 32-bit words from the FPGA to a C++ GR block without the UHD code modifying it?

 

Using wireshark I can see the bytes of interested, but I cannot see these in the UHD item32_to_fc32 function. Should I not be able to see the bytes as seen in wireshark (UDP payload minus VITA framing) within this function?

 

MTIA

 

Lukasz


Given that the samples have been filtered and manipulated by the DDC and CIC decimator code in the FPGA, and thus are only
  *related* to what came off the ADC, I wonder why it's important to get the samples in something other than {-1.0,+1.0}.

Further, what goes into the ADC is only *related* to the physical phenomenon that it's measuring.



No comments:

Post a Comment